Grades: 4-11 | 18 students
- Mercy Centre is a program of Catholic Charities Worcester County.
- It was founded by the Sisters of Mercy and Catholic Charities as a school for children with developmental disabilities.
- Today, we offer comprehensive educational, vocational and community based services for students from 6-22 years of age.
- Mercy Centre provides comprehensive educational and employment training opportunities for students with developmental disabilities, mental retardation, sensory impairments, and/or physical challenges combined with attentional, communication, motor, medical and/or behavioral involvement.
- It is designed to maximize a student's independence with a goal of full participation in his/her community in accordance with each student's IEP. It operates full-day sessions during regular school days, 180 days a year.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental Disabilities|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestonGrades: 3-12 | 91 students
177 Boston Post Rd
Weston, MA 02493
FraminghamGrades: 7-12 | 28 students
1 Frederick Abbott Way
Framingham, MA 01701
MillburyGrades: 6-12 | 40 students
130 Elm St
Millbury, MA 01527
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.