- Mercymount Country Day School, a private Catholic elementary school (preschool through 8th grade) sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas (RSM).
- Faithful to Catholic educational tradition, Mercymount Country Day School, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, ensures the development of strong academic skills, nurtures creative abilities, creates a sense of community and promotes social responsibility.
- In the spirit of Catherine McAuley, we affirm that each child is a unique gift of a loving God, open to God's presence in others and in all creation.
- The school aims to foster a sense of personal worth and appreciation of the worth of others.
- This basic principle of Jesus Christ flows from oral tradition and Sacred Scripture itself.
- The Sisters of Mercy historically have encouraged each person to the call of Jesus to love oneself and others, to be the best one can be with the gifts, talents and grace provided and to give generously of him/herself to the less fortunate.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
Network for Mercy Education
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resource office for all grades|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Total Students||349 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(blue pants & white polo (boys); plaid jumpers & blouses (girls); middle school - khaki pants & polos (boys), plaid skirts & polos (girls))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Tuition Notes||See website: http://www.mercymount.org/Academic/TuitionAid.htm|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sister Martha Mulligan, RSM|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Biddyball (basketball skills for grades 1-3), Chorus, Drama Production, Drop-In Art, Flag Football, Friends of Mercy, Friends of Mercy - grade 4 Service, Girls Scouts / Boys Scouts, Instructional Baseball - gr 1-3, Lacrosse (grade 1-3), Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, Private Music Lessons, Soccer (grades 1-3), Student Council, T-ball (grades 1-3), Teens Living for Christ (TLC), Violin Lessons Band, Chorus, Drop-In Art, Flag Football, Mock Trial, Violin Lessons, Biddyball (basketball skills for grades 1-3),
Friends of Mercy,
Friends of Mercy - grade 4 Service,
Girls Scouts / Boys Scouts,
Instructional Baseball - gr 1-3,
Lacrosse (grade 1-3),
National Junior Honor Society,
Private Music Lessons,
Soccer (grades 1-3),
T-ball (grades 1-3),
Teens Living for Christ (TLC),
- A Mercymount education is synonymous with quality private education at an affordable price.
- Today with over twenty classrooms, a gymnasium, a library, and art, music, computer, and resource rooms, we are considered a showcase of learning. In 2006, we completed construction of a new, state of the art, addition to the school that houses a new computer lab and classroom, a media center, new art and music classrooms, 3 kindergarten classrooms, a preschool classroom and new administrative offices. In 2011, Foundress Hall was opened as a Middle School complex that includes four new classrooms, two restrooms, a chapel and elevator. Bleachers with permanent seating for 272 people were installed in the summer of 2014 along with 4 height adjustable, swing-arm basketball backboards. A new playground area (as of fall 2014), outdoor basketball hoops, and a parking lot for 112 cars complete the school property.
- The student body is coeducational and made up of various ethnic groups. Mercymount admits students regardless of any race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin.
- The administration, faculty and staff number over 50 people who consist of lay men and women as well as religious men and women.
- Busing is available from the towns of Cumberland, Woonsocket & North Smithfield in Rhode Island.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RumfordGrades: PK-8 | 241 students
42 Bishop Ave
Rumford, RI 02916
JohnstonGrades: PK-8 | 304 students
931 Atwood Ave
Johnston, RI 02919
BarringtonGrades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
CranstonGrades: PK-8 | 351 students
235 Garden Hills Dr
Cranston, RI 02902
WoonsocketGrades: K-8 | 364 students
Po Box 487
Woonsocket, RI 02895