Grades: K-8 | 469 students
Messmer Preparatory Catholic School strives to have each student reach their full individual potential.
Messmer Preparatory is a comprehensive grade school for over 450 students in 4-year-old kindergarten through 8th grade.
Messmer focuses on the child’s academic, physical, social, and spiritual development.
Along with having a traditional curriculum of Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion, Messmer also offers Gym, Art, Music, Band, before and after care, and a host of extracurricular activities.
Messmer provides a dynamic environment where children are challenged and nurtured for excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,800|
|Tuition Notes||Includes all books|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama and Theatre Club, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Literature Lunch, Newspaper Club, Student Council Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Choir, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Newspaper Club, Drama and Theatre Club,
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Messmer’s learning environment and challenging curriculum prepares its graduates with skills to excel in high school. Messmer offers traditional studies that include Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion. Each teacher and staff member strives to ensure that students will graduate and utilize their education in the “real world”. Students discover more than what they want to do; they ultimately find what they love.
- THE MESSMER ADVANTAGE Messmer Preparatory Catholic School serves as the 9th grade feeder school for Messmer High School. Most of Messmer Prep's 8th grade graduates go on to Messmer High School to continue with their secondary education. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive the advantage of having a week of events dedicated only to Messmer Prep students at the high school. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive incentives such as applying for Messmer High School during an early enrollment period, a Shadow Day dedicated only to Messmer Prep students, as well as a host of events throughout the week.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT As a Catholic school, Messmer welcomes students of all faiths and offers an opportunity to strengthen and enhance each student’s personal spiritual development. The Theology curriculum focuses on developing lifelong faith formation and instruction in the Catholic faith. Innovative service programs call students to action through their personal and spiritual outreach to others. Weekly prayer services and special Masses allow students to further share their faith with the collective student body
- AFFORDABLE EDUCATION Messmer works hard to ensure that all who want to be a part of the Messmer family are able to regardless of one’s financial ability to pay. For that reason, tuition at Messmer is one of the lowest among the state’s private schools. Messmer offers many opportunities for financial aid in the forms of scholarships and grants based on need and academic performance. In addition, Messmer participates in the Milwaukee Parental School Choice Program.
- CARING COMMUNITY Graduates of Messmer have described the school as a “safe and caring environment with a family-like atmosphere.” Small class sizes enable students to receive individualized attention and develop a personal rapport with faculty, staff, and students. The school provides a secure academic setting that fosters growth in academics, personal responsibility, leadership, and spirituality. Messmer’s faculty and staff routinely exceed expectations and dedicate themselves to the success of every student. The involvement of parents and guardians is equally important to the success of Messmer students. Parents and guardians participate in volunteer activities, academic conferences, and school events.
- COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY Messmer Preparatory Catholic School welcomes and supports students from all backgrounds. It serves a diverse racial, religious, and economic population with strong representation from all communities. Messmer understands the value of diversity and creates an inclusive environment that appreciates the contributions that different backgrounds and experiences can bring to the school environment.
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE The Before and After Care program is a service that is available to a limited number of Messmer Preparatory Catholic School students. The program has been designed to provide a warm, nurturing environment that is consistent with the school’s mission, philosophy, and structure. The care is provided by school staff members and is only available when school is in session.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Messmer Prep offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports to match the interests of our diverse student body. This multitude of opportunities enables each student to explore new areas of potential talent or interest while meeting new friends and learning valuable skills for the future. Through athletics, students learn life long skill sets like commitment, teamwork, and leadership. Messmer offers girls’ and boys’ basketball, football, volleyball, track, cheerleading, drama and theatre club, forensics, literature lunch, newspaper club, student council, art club, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homework club, and choir.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-12 | 412 students
5375 N Green Bay Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 260 students
2450 W Roosevelt Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53209
MilwaukeeGrades: K-11 | 291 students
1150 E Brady St
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
3721 N 21st St
Milwaukee, WI 53206
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 674 students
2215 N Palmer St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|5.0 Stars 08/20/12|
This school is awesome.. Im so glad I made this my choice of school.. they have learned and grown so much. They some time teach me things I dont know.. with my girls now entering into 2nd and 3rd grade Im excited to see the things to come.
- Posted by Parent - holla
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.