Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
Located on eight acres of green space with areas of prairie and oak savannah restoration, wetlands, an orchard and more, our school is a haven for curious minds, active bodies and open hearts.
The Waldorf curriculum skillfully weaves the core subjects of math, science, language arts, and humanities, with music, art, movement, foreign language, handwork and horticulture, creating lifelong learners who are curious, motivated and conscientious.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||please inquire|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our tuition page for cost.|
|Admissions Director||Vaara Ostrin|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
- Waldorf Academics: At the Minnesota Waldorf School, our curriculum is comprised of a strong core of humanities and sciences, which is carefully and creatively integrated with art, handwork, foreign language, music and movement.
- Preschool & Kindergarten: In our charming kindergarten, nurturing teachers gently guide children trhough creative play and imagination-- laying a firm foundation for academic work in the grades. Teachers lead children through a day of play and work, story and song, nature and movement-- awakening and celebrating each child's innate sense of joy and wonder. Grinding wheat to make bread, washing and carding wool, collecting eggs from the coop, and watercolor painting create an awe-filled, intelligent foundation that sets the stage for academics to begin in 1st grade.
- Parent-Toddler Class: Share in a cozy morning of cooking, toy making or seasonal crafts, then join in the comforting rhythm of circle time and a healthy snack. Each morning session ends with a parents-only discussion with a trained Waldorf teacher, to help you explore joyful ways to parent with warmth, rhythm and understanPrivate Schoolsding.
Profile last updated: 08/28/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PaulGrades: K-8 | 158 students
1365 Englewood Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Saint PaulGrades: PK-8 | 241 students
1757 Conway St
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Saint PaulGrades: PK-8 | 237 students
592 Arlington Ave W
Saint Paul, MN 55117
My children are getting a well round and inspiring education. We love the curriculum and the community.
- Posted by Parent, 05/18/13
Sending our children to the Minnesota Waldorf School--best decision ever!
- Posted by Parent, 05/09/13