Grades: NS-1 | 139 students
For more than 80 years, the Mohawk Country Day School (formerly Mohawk Country Home School) has been teaching children ages two years, nine months through seven, providing experiences that help them learn and grow.
We are committed to fulfilling each child's needs with age-appropriate programs that carefully balance teacher-directed and child-initiated activities.
With an enriched curriculum and highly skilled staff, children at Mohawk develop socially, physically, creatively and intellectually in a warm, nurturing environment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Schainman, Director|
- Children are grouped by age and developmental level in small classes. They are taught by caring, knowledgeable teachers and an array of specialists in charming, home-like buildings on Mohawk’s remarkable 40-acre site. Complete with an animal farm, apple orchard, grape arbor, playing fields, gymnasium, music rooms, library, computer lab and Lego learning center; Mohawk provides wonderful opportunities for young children to explore, discover, play and learn.
- Our enriched curriculum combines language and literacy development, math concepts, hands-on science activities, cultural awareness, creative arts, and outdoor and indoor play time. Our staff includes a full-time music teacher (students have DAILY music), a foreign language specialist, a physical education teacher, and a computer specialist.
- Each comfortable, well-equipped classroom is filled with books, toys, manipulatives, arts & crafts materials, dress-up/dramatic play areas, blocks, puzzles, learning centers and educational materials appropriate to each age/grade level.
- With an average tenure of more than 15 years, Mohawk Country Day School’s warm, skilled and dedicated teachers have touched the lives of countless Westchester families. Highly-qualified Head and Associate Teachers are chosen for their professional experience, creativity and gentle manner.
- We encourage you to visit us. Bring your family to meet School Directors, Kim Ross and Barbara Schainman, and enjoy a personal tour of our campus. Please call our office at (914) 949-2635 or email email@example.com for more information.
Profile last updated: 08/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HarrisonGrades: K-9 | 91 students
45 Gainsborg Ave E
West Harrison, NY 10604
White PlainsGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
52 N Broadway
White Plains, NY 10603
White PlainsGrades: PK-8 | 135 students
146 Hamilton Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
ElmsfordGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
59 E Main St
Elmsford, NY 10523
MamaroneckGrades: NS-12 | 817 students
525 Fenimore Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543