Grades: NS-8 | 181 students
- Montclair Cooperative School is an independent, non-profit, co-educational school committed to experiential learning located in Montclair, New Jersey.
- The school enrolls approximately 175 children from nursery through eighth grade.
- Founded in 1963, it is one of a handful of cooperative schools nationwide.
- Each year we graduate poised, articulate, empathetic, creative, and intellectually flexible young adults who enter the finest private and public secondary schools in the area, the strongest evidence for the positive impact of our program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New Jersey Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is charged according to grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jackie Yarmo|
- The Montclair Cooperative School is a community of learners (Nursery through 8th Grade) in which children are invited to take risks, question, explore, discuss, interpret, and create. They discover ways to apply learning effectively in solving problems and constructing new knowledge. We value diversity and understand that the world is composed of different people, cultures, and ideas. We arecooperative in that everyone - teachers, students, and parents - participates in the educational process. We are progressive in that children learn by building on multi-disciplinary themes and experiences. The Montclair Cooperative School is a community of students, teachers, and parents who are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment where children flourish intellectually and where they develop exceptional social skills along with a deep sense of community responsibility.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MontclairGrades: PK-12 | 1037 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
LivingstonGrades: NS-8 | 277 students
388 S Livingston Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039
Upper MontclairGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
190 Lorraine Ave
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
EnglewoodGrades: NS-8 | 528 students
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
Short HillsGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.