- At the Montessori Academy of Chicago, we provide a foundation for academic and personal excellence and encourage the love of learning inherent in every student through participation and engagement.
- Experienced, Montessori-certified teachers ensure each student’s success in a caring and structured environment.
- The Montessori Academy Of Chicago curriculum is cosmic in nature -- an integrated, thematic approach that examines the physical universe, the world of nature, and the human experience.
- Through its unique approach to education, the montessori curriculum develops a student¡¯s sense of community and love of learning driven by their innate desire to understand and explain the world around them.
- In this approach at the Academy, we challenge students not only to master skills, but to regularly apply them in practical life as part of a larger whole.
- As a result, our students attain proficiency in an astounding range of concepts in great depth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition schedule is available online: www.montessoriacademychicago.org|
|Admissions Director||Nina Pope|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance Lessons, Language Lessons, Instrument Lessons, Lego Engineering, Drama, Swimming, Yoga Dance Lessons, Drama, Swimming, Yoga, Language Lessons,
- The Montessori Academy of Chicago boasts the traditional Montessori Method with the belief that cognitive development is the product of interaction between the individual and the environment. We have a uniquely designed, activity based learning environment structured to meet your child's needs. We recognize that children learn and adapt differently and stress the importance of adapting the curriculum to a child’s developmental level. Our goal is to spark a child’s interest in learning, thereby helping them to become life-long learners. The academy strives to assist children in personal development, as well as educational development. We strongly believe that the community of the child, parent, and educator is the foundation of the school’s success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 393 students
1439 W Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 402 students
2347 W Augusta Blvd
Chicago, IL 60622
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
900 N Franklin St Ste 104
Chicago, IL 60610
ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 420 students
2524 N Orchard St
Chicago, IL 60614
ChicagoGrades: PK-KG | 199 students
1651 W Diversey Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60614