Grades: NS-8 | 61 students
Montessori at Sandy Ford is the oldest established, private, secular school in the Catawba Valley, celebrating over 30 years of education, serving children ages 3-14.
The Directors, Mary Helen Cline and Kenyon Kelly, are certified by the Montessori Institute of America (MIA) and Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI).
Other staff members have received child development and Montessori training through the Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Becky Schell|
Montessori at Sandy Ford is an educational community whose mission is:
- To prepare an environment that nurtures each individual's intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth;
- To work in partnership with families to guide students in becoming responsible, contributing members of their communities;
- To celebrate diversity and foster respect for life;
- To follow each child, providing thoughtful, challenging learning opportunites in an atmosphere of cooperation;
- To cultivate a lifelong joy of learning;
- by following Dr. Maria Montessori's practices, philosophy, and vision.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpartanburgGrades: PK-7 | 114 students
384 S Spring St
Spartanburg, SC 29306
HuntersvilleGrades: PK-3 | 68 students
14101 Stumptown Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
HickoryGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
2535 21st Avenue NE
Hickory, NC 28601
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.