Grades: NS-K | 132 students
- Montessori Center of Our Lady has provided an enriching, nurturing and developmentally appropriate Preschool and Kindergarten Program to children 3 -6 years of age for over 35 years. Following the example of “caring for children” as initiated by the foundress of the Felician Franciscan Sisters, Blessed Mary Angela, Montessori Center of Our Lady seeks to provide the foundation for early learning and to serve the needs of working parents and families.
- Our staff of the Montessori live by the core values on a daily basis: Respect for Human Dignity, Compassion, Transformation, Solidarity with the Poor, and Justice & Peace.Our staff is educationally trained and experienced in the Montessori pedagogy.
- Our goal is to nurture and help your child reach their fullest potential by enhancing their physical, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, cognitive, and social skills. The Montessori Center of Our Lady is a member of: - American Montessori Society (AMS) - Michigan Montessori Society (MMS) - Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Option full or half-day|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Shiranthi De Silva|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||10 & Under tennis, Spanish, music Spanish, music, 10 & Under tennis,
- The Montessori Center of Our Lady is committed to providing your child with a healthy, happy and engaging Montessori experience.
- Our staff is educationally trained and experienced in the Montessori pedagogy. Our goal is to nurture and help your child reach their fullest potential by enhancing their physical, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, cognitive, and social skills.
Profile last updated: 09/11/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LivoniaGrades: PK-5 | 40 students
38945 Ann Arbor Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150
PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 61 students
40260 Five Mile Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
LivoniaGrades: KG-8 | 223 students
15089 Newburgh Rd
Livonia, MI 48154
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.