Grades: PK-6 | 27 students
- We provide an international form of education, where you can find math, engineering and the sciences interwoven with a curriculum that focuses on the arts.
- At the Montessori Elementary School of Alameda (MESA), our mission is to create a concrete, experiential learning foundation that centers around the achievement of the full development of the child. We are committed to maintaining an environment that stimulates, challenges and creates a curiosity about learning, while engendering a love, respect and understanding of self and others.
- Our elementary program includes a well-rounded program for children to develop their giftedness in the areas of interest.
- We include music, physical education and performing arts to enhance neuro development and strengths.
- Make an appointment for you personal tour and Open House visit today!
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,334|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition depends upon School Day $1334/mo or Full Time $1603/mo. Scholarships are available - please visit our website at http://montessorielementaryalameda.org/form for more information|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Acker|
|Admissions Associate||Uta Tsai|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Music Theory and Performance, Ukulele lessons, Spanish, daily P.E. Spanish, daily P.E., Music Theory and Performance,
- The Montessori Elementary School of Alameda creates a warm, loving, and secure environment that promotes creativity, curiosity, and self-confidence. Students learn not only facts but to adapt, grow, and change the world. The school was created as an extension of The Child Unique Montessori School (preschool) whose faculty`s commitment to education earned them the title of Best Preschool 6 years in a row in the Best of the Bay roundup by Parents Press and Alameda Magazine. The school was founded by Cindy Acker, principal for over 32 years, and continuously adapts its curriculum to fit the ever-evolving reality of childhood education. Offering programs built on real-world validation of theories with a focus on culture and respect, MESA fully embraces the Montessori Philosophy of fostering a thirst for knowledge and combining it with out-of-the-box thinking to discover unique solutions. Going beyond low student/teacher ratios, Cindy and her educators treat each pupil as an individual and work within their learning styles to achieve the best results.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
HaywardGrades: K-4 | 56 students
26236 Adrian Ave
Hayward, CA 94545
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.