Grades: PK-1 | 38 students
- Montessori House of Children is devoted to the education of children 2 through 7 years of age.
- Based on the non-discriminatory philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, the school is carefully prepared to nurture the mental, emotional and physical well-being of each child.
- The school is committed to the belief that children learn best in an atmosphere which values the uniqueness of the individual.
- Therefore, the role of the teacher is to identify and meet the needs of the individual child through planned and spontaneous experiences.
- We recognize that the early years are the most formative in a child's development and that children need the opportunity to live as children, not simply as future adults.
- Each of the five classrooms, has two skilled teachers to guide the children through the day's activities.
- The curriculum includes lessons in practical life and sensorial skills, language, math, science, history, geography, art, and world culture.
- Additional classes are offered in French, Spanish, Gymnastics, and Piano.
- The school is equipped with specially designed Montessori apparatus and materials from Holland, the center of Montessori education.
- It provides two secure, airy playgrounds with slides, tricycles and play houses.
- In addition to the regular activities, the pre-school has holiday festivals, parades and theatrical performances put on by the children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.