Grades: NS-K | 105 students
We are the only full member school of the American Montessori Society in Plano, Texas. We have two Montessori certified teachers in each of our primary classrooms and our toddler teachers are trained and certified in infant/toddler Montessori.
Our low student-to-teacher ratios coupled with caring and long tenured instructors allows us to focus on the individual while fostering an environment that helps children develop their full potential.
Our classes consist of multi-aged, heterogeneous students exposed to a diverse set of materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
Our classroom atmosphere encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, emotional development, and respect for the individual.
As a 501(3)(c) non-profit entity you'll find our earnings are reinvested back into the school for the benefit of our children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ryan Ritter|
|Admissions Associate||Latha Ganesh|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AJ's Gymnastics, Abrakadoodle, Amazing Athletes, Classical Ballet, Music & Movement, Tiny Tigers: Tae Kwon Do Abrakadoodle, AJ's Gymnastics,
Music & Movement,
Tiny Tigers: Tae Kwon Do,
- We serve roughly 140 students from ages 18 months to 6 years. One of the strengths of the school community is the diversity of the families that make up our community. Our families represent a wide range of cultures, beliefs, races, and ethnicities.
- As a non-profit institution, we are governed by a Board of Trustees who set policy and strategy while providing oversight of the school operations. The board consists of local business executives, small business owners, and entrepreneurs – many either parent alumni or who have children currently enrolled. A school director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, including admissions, personnel management, curriculum, and financial administration.
- We are a member school of the American Montessori Society (AMS) and use the Montessori method which develops the confidence, independence, and responsibility of the child through work in practical life, independent and group learning, language using phonics, math using concrete objects, science, and geography. An AMS member school, Montessori: New Beginnings Academy is required to adhere to strict standards and policies as an assurance that your child will receive high quality educational instruction from qualified teachers in an appropriate classroom environment.
- At Montessori: New Beginnings Academy your child's classroom instructors have a great deal of teaching experience. A large number of our staff members have been with the school for a decade or more; four teachers have been with us for longer than fifteen years, another three staff member have been with us for more than a decade. Many of our classrooms offer instructors with over thirty years of combined Montessori teaching experience. While your child benefits from our staff experience and commitment to educational excellence, the stability of our staff creates the high likelihood that your child will have consistency in their homeroom teachers during those formative years they are with us.
- Each of the two teachers in our pre-primary classroom is Montessori-certified for the assigned age level by the AMS (American Montessori Society) or other MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education) accredited teacher education program . That program has verified completion of a course of study requiring a minimum of 300 hours of on-site instruction and 36 weeks of supervised student teaching. Additionally, the school requires the staff complete additional teacher education training throughout each year.
Profile last updated: 06/05/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlanoGrades: PK-KG | 88 students
6912 Ohio Dr
Plano, TX 75024
PlanoGrades: 3-8 | 19 students
4550 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX 75024
PlanoGrades: K-6 | 175 students
4501 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX 75024
6900 Preston Meadow Dr.
Plano, TX 75024
PlanoGrades: PK-K | 100 students
5200 Hedgcoxe Rd
Plano, TX 75024
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
I have had two children go through this wonderful school and I can't say enough great things about the educators and environment provided them here. I love that's it's a non-profit school, and the parents concerns are really heard. My youngest in particular has really blossomed as he has become a "mentor" to some of the younger children, which is just one of the fantastic attributes of a true Montessory education. M:NBA is a great school, filled with great people who will love your children and help them be the best version of themselves!
- Posted by Parent - iansm
|5.0 Stars 07/24/15|
My daughter has been a student at MNBA for 18 months and my son just started this semester. We LOVE this school! My children had not been in any type of daycare before we enrolled them so we were very particular and researched many schools in the area and we are so happy with our choice. The teachers and administration are wonderful and they really care about the kids.
- Posted by Parent - jplil
|5.0 Stars 06/12/13|
The administration and the faculty are top notch! My son absolutely LOVED attending MNBA and THRIVED. As a 1st grader, his reading and math skills are above the 4th grade level. I HIGHLY recommend MNBA.
- Posted by Parent - jbull
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.