Grades: NS-PK | 27 students
- Montessori Preparatory School has been offering the highest-quality education to children in the community.
- Through the years we have stayed committed to providing your child with a safe, loving, and caring environment that meets their unique needs.
- School provides your children an education using the Montessori Education program that is for 2, 3, 4, and 5-year olds.
- This program includes art, Chinese, yoga, and many other fun classes.
- In addition, we also offer a separate music program, the Kindermusik.
- At our school your child participates in a wide variety of activities and programs.
- These programs use various materials that are designed to help your child develop concentration, coordination, work habits, and independence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorfolkGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
610 Mowbray Arch
Norfolk, VA 23507
ChesapeakeGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
4249 Taylor Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
PortsmouthGrades: K | 71 students
21 Mohican Dr
Portsmouth, VA 23701
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
PortsmouthGrades: PK-12 | 690 students
3214 Elliott Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23702
I would not have my child in any other school. Mrs Jennings has over 30 years experience with the Montessori method and all of the teachers are so kind and dedicated to the children. This school has my highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Ekevi
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.