Grades: NS-1 | 59 students
- The Montessori School of Chevy Chase strives to be the foremost early childhood development school in Washington, DC. Our program is based on the philosophy and pedagogy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- We offer a comfortable, safe, stimulating environment where young children grow intellectually, spiritually, physically, and socially.
- The Montessori School of Chevy Chase was founded in 1999. The school enjoys a reputation for its academic excellence and active parent involvement.
- The Head of School of school, Marlene Cherry, holds an AMI Primary Montessori Diploma, a Masters Degree in Montessori Education and a BS in Education.
- All lead teachers are Montessori certified and take ongoing classes to further their education.
- The school has approximately 57 children from many diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- We are a culturally diverse community of life long learners, offering a strong academic curriculum based on the Montessori philosophy of fostering self-esteem, independence, empathy and social consciousness.
- Our curriculum is based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori which focus on the individuality of each child in respect to their needs and talents.
- We work on fostering the child's natural desire to learn and assist the child in acquiring social skills and self-confidence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(School Logo Polo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to the program selected and hours spent at school.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marlene Cherry|
|Admissions Associate||Carol Rothman|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||music, soccer, yoga music, soccer, yoga,|
- Traditional Montessori Classes
- French Immersion Class
- Before Care & After Care
- Year round school - September through August
- Toddler Classes - 18 months through 3 years old
- Primary Classes - 3 through 6 years old
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WashingtonGrades: PK-KG | 150 students
4473 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008
PhoenixGrades: NS-6 | 46 students
3526 Sweet Air Road, PO Box 111
Phoenix, MD 21131
WashingtonGrades: PK-K | 29 students
3600 Ellicott St Nw
Washington, DC 20008
WashingtonGrades: PK-K | 50 students
1041 Wisconsin Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20007
WashingtonGrades: PK-6 | 106 students
201 Allison St., NW, Suite B
Washington, DC 20011
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.