- Since its founding in 1981, the Montessori School of Oakton has offered a unique program in which skilled professionals, sensitive and responsive to the learning patterns and needs of each child, help the child to grow in confidence, independence and knowledge.
- At MSO there is a special blending of freedom and responsibility, choice and structure, creativity and discipline, individual interest and group cooperation.
- MSO is a non-profit, non-sectarian school, which admits all children regardless of race, creed, color or origin.
- The mission of the Montessori School of Oakton (MSO) is to provide an enriched educational environment, based upon Montessori principles, that will guide, nurture and stimulate the fullest development of each individual child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Association Montessori International (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaktonGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
Po Box 3121
Oakton, VA 22124
FairfaxGrades: PK-KG | 36 students
12301 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22033
FairfaxGrades: 2-12 | 75 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
4216 Stringfellow Rd.
Chantilly, VA 20151
HerndonGrades: NS-PK | 7 students
3005 Dower House Dr
Herndon, VA 20171
My child has grown in confidence in her abilities, grace in working with other and maintained her love of learning because of this program. She has been involved in the elementary program. This is quality, wholesome education at its best.
- Posted by Parent - wlsay
My kids have spent time in both the primary classes (3-6 years old) as well as elementary - great school!
- Posted by Parent - Krist