- Moravian Academy is a church-related school whose Moravian tradition affirms that young people best realize their potential in an atmosphere of love and understanding.
- We seek to promote the child's full development in mind, body, and spirit.
- Since 1742 the school has encouraged sound innovations to meet contemporary challenges while recognizing the permanence of basic human values.
- At Moravian Academy, "Mind, Body, Spirit" permeates both our historic Church Street Campus and the Merle-Smith Campus where our upper school is located.
- We provide a strong academic foundation in preparation for college work.
- We help students develop self-respect, dignity, and a concern and respect for others.
- We promote creativity and an appreciation of aesthetic values.
- We also students to develop their physical skills and encourage positive attitudes about health and fitness.
- We engage students in experiences that will develop maturity, independence, adaptability, integrity, and love of learning.
- We encourage students and their parents to recognize their responsibilities in the educational process and demonstrate their commitment to the purposes and goals of Moravian Academy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethlehemGrades: PK-8 | 412 students
1835 Catasauqua Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18018
BangorGrades: K-12 | 154 students
122 Dante St
Bangor, PA 18013
EastonGrades: 9-12 | 562 students
3417 Church Rd
Easton, PA 18045
BethlehemGrades: 1-12 | 57 students
2196 Avenue C
Bethlehem, PA 18017
BethlehemGrades: 9-12 | 710 students
2133 Madison Ave
Bethlehem, PA 18017
We sent our children to Moravian school until eight grade. We liked the academics and the values and both kids did, too. Both of our children then went on to larger independent high schools, but learned terrific study skills at Moravian.
- Posted by Parent - vicil