Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
Founded in 1987, Mother of God School provides a spiritually-grounded, academically-rigourous Pre-K through 8th Grade learning environment that prepares students for success in both school and life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Moriarty|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Breakfast and Bible, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Math Counts, Music Ministry, Safety Patrols, Strings, Student Council Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Math Counts, Music Ministry, Safety Patrols, Strings, Breakfast and Bible,
- Founded in 1987, Mother of God School provides a spiritually-grounded, academically-rigourous Pre-K through 8th Grade learning environment that prepares students for success in both school and life.
- Intentionally small class sizes, a dedicated and loving leadership team and faculty, thoughful technology integration, and rich extracurricular opportunities combine to create a true learning community for all.
- Mother of God School has a track record of consistently preparing our students to excel in high school and beyond. Our students have been accepted into highly-competitive magnet programs at surrounding public high schools as well as private high schools including Our Lady of Good Counsel, St. John`s Catholic Prep, Connelly School of the Holy Child, Georgetown Prep, and Oakcrest. Many of our graduates have been awarded scholarships for merit in academics, music, and art.
- The school takes seriously our role as a Catholic school, encouraging students to live a vibrant, joy-filled faith in all areas of their lives. The Sacramental life of the Church is incorporated into all aspects of the school schedule and students apply Catholic social justice teachings over the course of each year through ongoing and special service projects.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GaithersburgGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
19425 Woodfield Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
GaithersburgGrades: PK-12 | 288 students
7503 Muncaster Mill Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
RockvilleGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
600 Veirs Mill Road
Rockville, MD 20852
GermantownGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
15601 Germantown Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
My daughter Meredith attends Mrs Krull's Pre k 3s Started out as only 3 days a week and in a month switched her to 5 half days, Meredith is so happy and eager to go to schools.. from Nov to Jan she is starting to speak fluently, well mannered and a want to do school work all the time.. I ask her Meredith; how was your day? "She responds" - my day was GREAT mom! I love that she is so happy in Mrs Krull's class.
- Posted by Parent - Shaeyla B
This school is excellent. It helped me prepare for future schooling very well. When I got to high school, I found being in Honors classes, a year ahead in math, a straight A+ student, and the 9th grader with the highest GPA in my class easy. The teachers are amazing, and they have many extracurricular activities which are growing larger by the year. The classes are the perfect size, and the students who graduate from there emerge well-educated and well-grounded in their faith. However, if you are not religious or not a Catholic, it should be noted that the school does not force religion on anyone, even though it holds weekly Mass and has Religion class daily.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - notte
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.