Grades: PK-8 | 291 students
- MCHR provides a superior Pre-K (Age 3) - 8th grade education, combining the best teaching and technology with traditional values in a close-knit, caring atmosphere.
- Our students consistently score high on standardized examinations: maintaining a 97-100% passing rate on the New York State examinations! The academically rigorous curriculum is supplemented by a strong arts program including violin, percussion ensemble, vocal music, and ballroom dancing.
- Our violinists have performed at venues that include the Russian Tea Room, Cipriani and University Club and have been featured on Sirius Satellite Radio.
- Our 2007 graduating class received $382,000+ in scholarship funding for high school.
- We have 8 violin students receiving scholarships to attend Juilliard's Music Advancement Program (MAP) and additional students at The Geneva Conservatory of Music.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club & Honors Art Club, Basketball Team, Gospel Choir, Percussion Ensemble & Honors Percussion Ensemble Gospel Choir, Art Club & Honors Art Club,
Percussion Ensemble & Honors Percussion Ensemble,
- 2008 NYS Mathematics Exam (% Passing): 100% Grade 4 , 100% Grade 8
- 2008 NYS English Language Arts (ELA) (% Passing): 97% Grade 4 , 100% Grade 8
- 2008 NYS Social Studies Exam(% Passing): 100% Grade 4 , 100% Grade 8
- 2008 NYS Science Exam (% Passing): 100% Grade 4 , 100% Grade 8
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 558 students
520 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Newark, NJ 07102
Middle VillageGrades: 9-12 | 920 students
6802 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
JamaicaGrades: 9-12 | 1529 students
8353 Manton St
Jamaica, NY 11435
Fresh MeadowsGrades: 9-12 | 2600 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 295 students
229 East 112th St
New York, NY 10029
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.