- Mount Mercy Academy is a distinctly Catholic secondary school for young women sponsored by the Buffalo Regional Community of the Sisters of Mercy and dedicated to carrying out its educational mission in the spirit of Catherine McAuley.
- Rooted in the message of Jesus, the board of trustees, faculty and staff, supported by families, alumnae and friends, seek to maintain a nurturing atmosphere where Mercy students are called to be women of faith, knowledge, integrity and compassion.
- Reflected in the way the Mercy community demonstrates concern for one another, through their dedication and professional competence, they endeavor to impart the hallmarks of Mercy education: dedication to Christian values, academic excellence, leadership, commitment to service, and family in partnership.
- Education at Mount Mercy is seen within the context of the whole person.
- Emphasis is placed on creating challenging opportunities for growth in spirit, mind and body.
- As true bearers of mercy and members of the global community, Mercy strives to educate its students to proclaim justice; to accept and respect diversity of all people; and to respond to the needs of others and to all of creation with compassion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
3860 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14226
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 284 students
3756 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14217
Niagara FallsGrades: 7-12 | 190 students
520 66th St
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 208 students
24 Shoshone St
Buffalo, NY 14214
BuffaloGrades: 5-12 | 580 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216