Grades: 9-12 | 95 students
- Mount Vernon Academy is a Seventh-day Adventist Christian environment devoted to the preparation of students as disciples of Jesus Christ through spiritual development and academic excellence.
- We are all created in the image of God.
- For this reason, the primary purpose of Mount Vernon Academy is to develop Creator-like powers in our students that are God-given to all humans: creativity, individuality, and the power to think, to choose, and to do.
- We exist to provide a quality education in an environment where students and staff are in the process of continuously improving their love, trust, and relationships with Jesus Christ and each other.
- The object of education at Mount Vernon Academy, then, is to develop these powers in our students so that they will think and act as individuals, not mere reflectors of someone else’s thoughts and actions.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acrosport Gymnastics, Ski Club Ski Club, Acrosport Gymnastics,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ColumbusGrades: PK-12 | 1087 students
4300 Cherry Bottom Road
Columbus, OH 43230
ColumbusGrades: NS-12 | 530 students
935 Northridge Road
Columbus, OH 43224
NewarkGrades: 9-12 | 245 students
1 Green Wave Dr
Newark, OH 43055
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.