Grades: PK-8 | 306 students
- Muslim American Youth Academy is a private Islamic school serving the Greater Metropolitan Detroit Area.
- MAYA is enriched in a student population that is diverse ethnically and culturally.
- We are currently enrolling students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- MAYA is a nationally accredited elementary and middle school consisting of a qualified staff with a broad range of teaching experience, special endorsements and a strong commitment toward children`s education.
- The mission of Muslim American Youth Academy (MAYA) is to provide its students with a quality education within the boundaries of a sound and wholesome Islamic environment. The Academy is committed to providing an atmosphere conducive to learning and growth to the student`s fullest potential through the integration of various aspects of the child`s academic, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Please visit website for uniform code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||There are extra fees charged as well. Pre-school tuition is $6,800 plus fees.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Council Student Council,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CantonGrades: PK-8 | 412 students
40440 Palmer Rd
Canton, MI 48188
Ann ArborGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
2301 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.