Grades: NS-6 | 294 students
- National Presbyterian School is committed to safeguarding the all-important decade of childhood -- the years from Age 3-Sixth Grade. We believe that love is a precondition to excellent learning. By presenting a challenging, innovative academic program in a nurturing school community, we give children the intellectual, spiritual, personal, physical and emotional foundations that will enable them to be successful learners and good people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Admissions Director||Katy Harvey|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Baker|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After 3 Club (Extended Day), After School Program Classes, Recreational Sports, School Newspaper (Grades 5 & 6), Summer Camp, Team Sports (Grades 5 & 6) Summer Camp, After 3 Club (Extended Day),
After School Program Classes,
School Newspaper (Grades 5 & 6),
Team Sports (Grades 5 & 6),
- At National Presbyterian School, we understand that the childhood years, from 3 to 12, are our most crucial, when the foundation is put in place for who we will become.
- The NPS journey begins with 3-year-olds, just ready to engage in an independent journey in a playful, stimulating environment. The journey concludes with 12-year-olds who sit on the cusp of adolescence but benefit from the focused attention of an elementary school setting, before joining the complicated world of teenagers.
- We offer all students a thoughtfully designed, integrated, and challenging curriculum; what students learn in one subject connects to what they learn in another, and what they learn one year becomes the foundation for what they learn in the next.
- To do this, we tap the potential of educational innovation: developing critical thinking skills through our schoolwide use of Harvard`s Project Zero Thinking Routines; building emotional intelligence with deliberate and dynamic social-emotional learning plus ethical and religious studies; and allowing students to learn by doing using a discovery-based approach.
- Our goal is to prepare our students to be both good learners and good people as they grow to become tomorrow`s global citizens.
- Renowned for academic sophistication, confidence, and compassion, our graduates are highly sought after by a wide array of schools in Seventh Grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
6801 Greentree Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 1010 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
WashingtonGrades: K-8 | 226 students
4400 36th Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.