Grades: NS-6 | 294 students
National Presbyterian School is committed to safeguarding the all-important decade of childhood -- the years from Age 3-Sixth Grade. We believe that love is a precondition to excellent learning. By presenting a challenging, innovative academic program in a nurturing school community, we give children the intellectual, spiritual, personal, physical and emotional foundations that will enable them to be successful learners and good people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Maryland & DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 49%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Admissions Director||Katy Harvey|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Baker|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After 3 Club (Extended Day), After School Program Classes, Recreational Sports, School Newspaper (Grades 5 & 6), Summer Camp, Team Sports (Grades 5 & 6) Summer Camp, After 3 Club (Extended Day),
After School Program Classes,
School Newspaper (Grades 5 & 6),
Team Sports (Grades 5 & 6),
- At National Presbyterian School, we understand that the crucial childhood years- 3 to 12 years - are our most important learning years, when the foundation is put in place for who we will become.
- The NPS journey begins with 3-year-olds, just ready to engage in an independent journey in a playful, stimulating environment and concludes with 12-year-olds who sit on the cusp of adolescence but benefit from the focused attention of an elementary school setting before joining the complicated world of teenagers.
- We offer all students a thoughtfully designed, integrated, and challenging curriculum; what students learn in one subject connects to what they learn in another, and what they learn one year becomes the foundation for what they learn in the next.
- To do this, we tap the potential of educational innovation: developing critical thinking skills through our schoolwide use of Harvard`s Project Zero Thinking Routines; building emotional intelligence with deliberate and dynamic social-emotional learning plus ethical and religious studies; and allowing students to learn by doing using a discovery-based approach.
- Our goal is to prepare our students to be both good learners and good people as they grow to become tomorrow`s global citizens.
- Renowned for academic sophistication, confidence, and compassion, our graduates are highly sought after by a wide array of schools in Seventh Grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
6801 Greentree Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 1010 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
WashingtonGrades: PK-3 | 401 students
3500 Woodley Road Nw
Washington, DC 20016