Grades: 4-8 | 76 students
Our afternoon program also offers music which includes instruments like Guitar, Drums, Trumpet and Saxophone.
- Founded in 1990, Nativity Preparatory School is an accredited, private, free- of-cost middle school for boys in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
- Through a highly structured, challenging, individualized education that promotes the intellectual, ethical, physical and social development of each student, Nativity Prep prepares economically disadvantaged middle school boys from Boston's inner city neighborhoods for admission to selective high schools and colleges.
- In the Jesuit tradition, Nativity Prep transforms boys from Boston into men for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Shirt and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 10 / May. 12|
|Tuition Notes||Our school is totally tuition-free. The focus of our missions is to serve low-income students who live in Boston. We do require families to submit income information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Orlando Emiliano|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||African Drumming, Choir, Community Service Club, Drumming, Guitar Lessons, Newspaper Club, Saxophone Lessons, Swimming, Trumpet lessons, debate Choir, Drumming, Guitar Lessons, Newspaper Club, Swimming, debate, African Drumming,
Community Service Club,
- Founded in 1990 by the Jesuits, Nativity Preparatory School is an accredited, private, independent, free- of-cost middle school in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. Through a highly structured, challenging, individualized education that promotes the intellectual, ethical, physical and social development of each student, Nativity Prep prepares economically disadvantaged middle school boys from Boston's inner city neighborhoods for admission to selective high schools and colleges. In the Jesuit tradition, Nativity Prep transforms boys from Boston into men for others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 639 students
45 Matignon Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
DorchesterGrades: 9-12 | 311 students
100 Savin Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02125
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 511 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
Dorchester CenterGrades: 5-8 | 82 students
154 Centre St
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.