Grades: PK-8 | 571 students
- Near North Montessori School is one of the largest and oldest private Montessori schools in the country.
- We promote a culture of high academic standards, strong moral and ethical values, and a passion for learning and self-fulfillment.
- We have a rich tradition of commitment to a quality Montessori education for children ages 6 months through 8th grade.
- NNMS prepares children for life.
- While we do not know the challenges that children will face in the future, we do know that to lead a successful and fulfilling life, they will need to be resilient, confident in their abilities, creative and innovative problem solvers, and articulate communicators with strong critical thinking skills.
- Our commitment to diversity promotes an environment of respect based on equity and inclusion in which students become allies for each other while developing awareness of social and global justice issues.
- All of these characteristics for success are evident in our Montessori philosophy and school culture.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||571 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / Mar. 3|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,313|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Kindergarten to 6th grade is as above. Trip fee add'l for Junior High. Tuition for preK varies by program from $3705 to $14438|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jenelle Sullivan|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ceramics, drawing, band, swimming, lego robotics, art, gymnastics ceramics, drawing, band, swimming, lego robotics, art, gymnastics,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: NS-8 | 569 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
1255 N Noble St
Chicago, IL 60642
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 356 students
1300 W Loyola Ave
Chicago, IL 60626
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 416 students
7263 W Talcott Ave
Chicago, IL 60631
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.