- Nefesh Academy is an accredited New York State school, and accepts students from a wide range of ethnic Jewish backgrounds.
- We follow the recommendations of both Torah U'Mesorah and the Cleveland day school curriculum, but modify these slightly to meet the needs of our talented, trilingual students.
- Preparatory classes on all levels ensure that it is never too late for a Jewish girl to receive a Yeshiva education.
- Our Judaic Studies curriculum is designed to foster academic success as well as Jewish identity and pride.
- Our advanced Torah/Chumash and Jewish History classes are highlighted with a focus on personalities who are role models in Jewish history.
- Varied activities and workshops, emphasizing creative expression and hands-on work, actualize the abstract concepts and reinforce classroom lessons.
- Students take educational field trips to build enthusiasm and turn education into reality.
- The Hebrew Language program eases our students into what is for many, a third language.
- The overall goal of the Elementary School program is to partner with parents and engage our students in Judaic gratification and intellectual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 127 students
312 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
BrooklynGrades: KG-8 | 315 students
2602 E 19th St
Brooklyn, NY 11235
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 821 students
1470 Ocean Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11230
BrooklynGrades: K-9 | 226 students
60 W End Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 148 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
The teachers and administration at Nefesh go above and beyond for their students. My daughter transferred in November, and she was welcomed by students and staff alike. Limudei Kodesh is taught in small groups geared to each student's level, as the girls come from a variety of backgrounds. Limudei Chol features a regular Regents curriculum. Hashkafa is wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - jhfpt
My daughter came to Nefesh after having been chewed up and spit out by another school. The Nefesh experience was wonderful! Both Jewish and secular studies were taught well. My daughter got an advanced Regents diploma and was accepted into a highly competitive college with a good scholarship. She remains in touch with some of Nefesh teachers on a regular basis.
- Posted by Parent - judit