Grades: PK-K | 27 students
- New Day Montessori is an affiliate of the American Montessori society.
- A member of the North American Montessori Teachers Association, National Center for Montessori Education and International Montessori Society.
- In addition, New Day Montessori is licensed with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
- The main objective of New Day Montessori School is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- The specific goals are to develop a positive attitude toward school learning, to develop a sense of high self-esteem, to building a habit of concentration for lifelong study skills, to develop and foster an aiding curiosity, to develop habits of initiation and persistence.
- The basic idea in the Montessori philosophy of education is that all children carry within themselves the person they will become.
- In order to develop physical, intellectual, and spiritual potential to the fullest, the child must have freedom: a freedom to be achieved through order and self-discipline.
- Dr. Montessori developed what she called the Prepared Environment, which already possesses a certain order and allows children to learn at their own speed, according to their own capacities and in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- If Montessori children are free to learn, it is because they have acquired an "inner discipline" from their exposure to both physical and mental order.
- Montessori introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework in which intellectual and social discipline goes hand-in-hand.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.