Grades: NS-K | 57 students
- New Vista Montessori School is the Roanoke Valley¡¯s only not-for-profit Montessori school.
- As a not-for- profit organization all of our income is spent in the areas that most directly affect the students i.e., high quality teachers and school equipment.
- The Montessori Early Childhood program is designed to meet the needs of children ages 2- 6.
- Ideally the child would promote into the older classroom at age 3 years and remain with the same teacher for all 3 years.
- Six years ago, New Vista featured a new class to introduce 2 -early 3 year olds to the Montessori method of learning.
- This foundation-building class stresses potty training, social skills building, development of fine and gross motor skills, improvement of language and speech, science concepts, and number/letter/shape concepts.
- The multi-age classrooms provides a backdrop for success in all ages.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Stewart Putney|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RoanokeGrades: PK-5 | 80 students
2731 Edgewood Street Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
SalemGrades: PK-3 | 64 students
2040 Apperson Drive
Salem, VA 24153
RoanokeGrades: NS-12 | 447 students
4254 Colonial Avenue Sw
Roanoke, VA 24018
RoanokeGrades: PK-KG | 23 students
515 3rd St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
RoanokeGrades: 8-12 | 54 students
Po Box 2104
Roanoke, VA 24009
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.