Grades: NS-K | 57 students
- New Vista Montessori School is the Roanoke Valley¡¯s only not-for-profit Montessori school.
- As a not-for- profit organization all of our income is spent in the areas that most directly affect the students i.e., high quality teachers and school equipment.
- The Montessori Early Childhood program is designed to meet the needs of children ages 2- 6.
- Ideally the child would promote into the older classroom at age 3 years and remain with the same teacher for all 3 years.
- Six years ago, New Vista featured a new class to introduce 2 -early 3 year olds to the Montessori method of learning.
- This foundation-building class stresses potty training, social skills building, development of fine and gross motor skills, improvement of language and speech, science concepts, and number/letter/shape concepts.
- The multi-age classrooms provides a backdrop for success in all ages.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Stewart Putney|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RoanokeGrades: PK-5 | 80 students
2731 Edgewood Street Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
SalemGrades: PK-3 | 64 students
2040 Apperson Drive
Salem, VA 24153
RoanokeGrades: NS-12 | 447 students
4254 Colonial Avenue Sw
Roanoke, VA 24018
RoanokeGrades: PK-KG | 23 students
515 3rd St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
RoanokeGrades: 8-12 | 54 students
Po Box 2104
Roanoke, VA 24009
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.