Grades: NS-K | 32 students
- New World Montessori School offers a wholesome educational environment specifically designed for the needs of young children. The classroom is fully equipped with Montessori materials that enable the children to discover specific concepts and develop cognitive and fine motor skills.
- Children are given individualized instruction by certified teachers; thus allowing them to progress at their own pace. The children are treated with dignity and respect and they learn to respect others as well.
- Creative expression is encouraged through a variety of art materials. Outdoor play is also a part of the daily curriculum. New World Montessori School is a safe and happy place where children can flourish and grow.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
- Please come visit us at our Open House on Saturday, January 28, 2017 between 10 a.m. and 12:00 noon. Prospective parents will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet with the teachers and director, and learn about the Montessori environment. We look forward to meeting you then.
- New World Montessori School offers a wholesome educational environment specifically tailored for the needs of young children. The classroom is fully equipped with Montessori materials that enable the children to discover specific concepts and develop cognitive and fine motor skills. Children are given individualized instruction by trained teachers; thus allowing them to progress at their own pace. The children are treated with dignity and respect and they learn to respect others as well. Creative expression is encouraged through a variety of art materials. Outdoor play is also a part of the daily curriculum. New World Montessori School is a safe and happy place where children can flourish and grow.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
East RutherfordGrades: NS-K | 90 students
144 Boiling Springs Ave.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Hasbrouck HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 442 students
215 Kipp Avenue
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
River EdgeGrades: PK-8 | 967 students
666 Kinderkamack Rd
River Edge, NJ 07661
Hasbrouck HeightsGrades: K-2 | 80 students
167 Kipp Ave
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
River EdgeGrades: PK-K | 108 students
340 Bogert Rd
River Edge, NJ 07661
After interviewing other schools, as soon as my husband and I sat in on a class we looked at each other and knew this was the school for our daughter. The director Heidi and all 4 teachers rotate the classroom paying close attention to each child, reviewing lessons and encouraging them. The children are taught to be kind, thoughtful, patient and independent. They sing and learn sign language too! The environment is neat, calm and orderly. This is a well rounded school. To see my daughter's achievements has been more times than once, jaw dropping. She started when she was 3 and is now graduating Kindergarten. We will miss this school immensely. If I had to do it all over I would again choose New World Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - Joej7
Both of my daughters (now ages 10 and 8) attended New World Montessori as pre-school and kindergarten students. They received an excellent education and strong foundation for learning. While academics are important, I believe it is just as important to note what they were taught in terms of citizenship. Respect, kindness and compassion are modeled by teachers and expected of students at all times. In the years since they left NWM and began attending public schools, every teacher and administrator my daughters have worked with has remarked favorably about the respectful manner and tolerance shown by my daughters to adults and children alike. With public school classroom student-teacher ratios averaging 22:1, I believe it is remarkable and credit the girls' pre-school teachers for setting such a fine example. NWM fosters the growth of the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - Wrenr
Our son attended New World Montessori School in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ and the pre school is wonderful. It is an extremely well organized and supplied Montessori learning environment that is a calm and pleasant. The staff is friendly and loving to the children and the facility is impeccably clean and competitively priced. We would highly recommend this pre school.
- Posted by Parent - denis
I feel so fortunate to have found this gem! It is a great place. Academics are amazing. I am very happy with the warm and friendly staff that is so well prepared day after day. I feel that each child is given so much attention and one on one time. Parent and teacher communication is great. I am so pleased with this school!
- Posted by Parent - ccape
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.