Grades: NS-6 | 67 students
Founded in 1975 by internationally known Montessori educator Hildegard Solzbacher, New World Montessori School was established to provide authentic Montessori education and to work with parents to nurture the development of the whole child . New World is the only private school in Milwaukee that is internationally accredited.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Priscilla Bovee|
- New World is the only Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) accredited private Montessori school in the Milwaukee area. AMI was founded by Maria Montessori in 1929.
- All teachers at New World are accredited by AMI. The Head of School has both primary and elementary Montessori training and decades of teaching experience.
- New World accepts children as young as 18 months.
- In addition to the core Montessori curriculum, New World offers Gym, Spanish, Music, and Environmental Education.
- New World is conveniently located in Indian Hill School (near I-43) and includes:large playground and three-acre prairie with pond, library, gymnasium, music room, art room, cafeteria with hot lunch option.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 674 students
2215 N Palmer St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
8242 N Granville Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53224
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
3012 N Holton St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Whitefish BayGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
4849 N Wildwood Ave
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
3500 W Mother Daniels Way
Milwaukee, WI 53209
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.