Grades: PK-K | 47 students
- Nightingale Montessori is a non-profit private school affiliated with American Montessori Society and chartered by the State of Ohio Board of Education for K-12 and offers programs for toddlers through high school.
- All of our classes are directed by certified Montessori teachers and highly qualified assistants.
- The school has served as an intern site for Wittenberg University and other Springfield area colleges and high schools.
- At Nightingale Montessori, classes are smaller and scheduled according to varied levels of ability, and this facilitates daily assessment of each child's challenge level and heightens his self-confidence and enthusiasm for learning.
- The schools that grew out of the industrial age and its economy of mass production valued externally imposed standards and the rigors of a "no pain - no gain" work ethic.
- The recent standard-based reforms, designed to remedy the outmoded traditional system with drill-and-kill regimes of testing, are not only crushing young minds; they are failing to produce better results.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DaytonGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
1461 E Spring Valley Rd
Dayton, OH 45458
SpringfieldGrades: NS-PK | 19 students
27 N Wittenberg Ave
Springfield, OH 45502
DaytonGrades: PK-12 | 462 students
5151 Denise Dr
Dayton, OH 45429
TroyGrades: 7-12 | 327 students
700 S Dorset Rd
Troy, OH 45373
DaytonGrades: PK-12 | 509 students
999 Spinning Road
Dayton, OH 45431
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.