- NPES is a private, non-sectarian, Preschool-8 school with a proven record of academic excellence and a community that inspires lifelong learning.
- Through the active involvement of parents and caring professional staff, the school fosters self-motivation, self-discipline and confidence in all its students.
- The school's balanced curriculum combines elements of traditional instruction with experiential learning and the whole-child approach to ensure that every student achieves his or her maximum potential.
- Along with the core subjects, fine arts, foreign language, physical education, and technology are an integral part of the curriculum at all grade levels.
- Active, hands-on learning through field trips and cultural activities supplement the teachers' lessons.
- In middle school (6th - 8th grades) departmentalization enables students to enjoy core-subject classes taught by teachers specializing in science, math, social studies and language arts.
- NPES students consistently perform above national norms and demonstrate exceptional academic and social capabilities.
- NPES students recently scored in the 99th percentile nationally on the Iowa Tests.
- All of last year's graduates are now attending one of their top choices for high school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||10% discount for siblings|
|Admissions Director||Anne Zagotta|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Intramurals, Jazz Band, Mandarin Chinese, Robot City, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Tae Kwon Do, Theatre, Yearbook Band, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Intramurals, Jazz Band, Robot City, Spanish Club, Tae Kwon Do, Theatre, Yearbook, Mandarin Chinese,
- Independent, non-sectarian school: Preschool-8th
- Academic excellence - test scores in the top 1% of schools nationwide
- Art, Music, Spanish, Drama, Gym, Science Olympiad
- Graduates attend Chicago's top high schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 343 students
1300 W Loyola Ave
Chicago, IL 60626
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
5959 N Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60660
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
6143 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634
Oak ParkGrades: NS-8 | 147 students
324 N Oak Park Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
ChicagoGrades: 1-8 | 44 students
2501 W 103rd St
Chicago, IL 60655