Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
- Notre Dame Academy was founded by smart, independent, powerful women, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame (CNDs).
- These women refused to believe the stereotypes about what girls could or should learn.
- From the beginning, the curriculum at NDA provided a complete academic program, including "male" subjects like physics and geometry, as well as cultivating girls physical and athletic abilities.
- The students at NDA were prepared for college when that was still a radical idea as the norm for young women.
- The Sisters didn't "finish" girls; they empowered girls.
- Notre Dame Academy enabled students to identify and unfold their boundless potential and gifts, and positioned them as future history-makers and leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 541 students
3560 Richmond Rd
Staten Island, NY 10306
Staten IslandGrades: PK-8 | 255 students
23 Summit St
Staten Island, NY 10307
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 776 students
5411 Amboy Rd
Staten Island, NY 10312
Staten IslandGrades: PK-8 | 308 students
50 Maguire Ave
Staten Island, NY 10309
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 231 students
57 Cleveland Pl
Staten Island, NY 10305
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.