Grades: 9-12 | 375 students
- Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic, private, fully-accredited college preparatory school for young women, founded in 1949 by the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Steeped in the tradition of "Educating young women to make a difference," Notre Dame Academy's unique educational experience combines a Catholic value-centered program with a challenging and comprehensive academic curriculum.
- As an Academy of the Sisters of Notre Dame, students share a common bond and rich history with all students at Notre Dame Schools around the world.
- At the heart of this international educational heritage are four teaching cornerstones: the dignity of the teacher; the worth of the individual student; the thoroughness of instruction in all subjects; and the centrality of religion.
- The Academy's student-centered program stresses the importance of personal spirituality, leadership, concern for the common good, service to one another and to the greater community.
- Within the context of spiritual and moral values, students learn to view the world globally -- with its many opportunities and challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Dance, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government and Politics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art- 2-D Design, AP Studio Art- Drawing, AP US History, AP World History, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish III|
|Average SAT score||1813|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Ms. Brigid Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Bri Berlin|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletic Association, Campus Ministry, Choir, Cooking Club, Dance, Drama, Drama Teacher's Association of Southern California (DTASC), Earth Club, Earth Club, Fashion and Design, Film Club, Honor Council, Interact, Journalism, NDA International, National Honors Society, Poetry Club, Queen's Council, Rereat Team, Royale (Newspaper), Sound and Light Crew, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Student Faculty Forum, Student Forum, Women in Math and Science, Yearbook Art Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Dance, Drama, Earth Club, Earth Club, Film Club, Honor Council, Interact, Journalism, Poetry Club, Rereat Team, Student Forum, Yearbook, Athletic Association,
Drama Teacher's Association of Southern California (DTASC),
Fashion and Design,
National Honors Society,
Sound and Light Crew,
Speech and Debate,
Student Faculty Forum,
Women in Math and Science,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 367 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 359 students
11725 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 535 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
West HollywoodGrades: 6-12 | 159 students
8628 Holloway Dr
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Attended this institution from 9-12, did an amazing job preparing me for university level courses, and I made great friends and memories :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bamez
Great teachers, student body and extracuriculum and sports opportunities.
- Posted by Parent - sally
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.