|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,975|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is an all inclusive fee - it does not cover optional purchases. We offer three payment plans. Financial aid is awarded based on information we receive from FAST and the families. Funds are awarded during the admissions process.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Julie Hankins|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cross Country, Basketball, Soccer, Jazz Band, Math Counts, Orchestra, Spring Play Art, Jazz Band, Math Counts, Orchestra, Spring Play, Cross Country, Basketball, Soccer,
Founded as an independent middle school in 1992, NOVA School's unique curriculum and personal environment have been positioning highly capable and exceptionally motivated students for life-long success. Now in its third decade, NOVA continues to develop ethical and creative problem solvers who reflect the school`s mission elements of respect, responsibility and active participation by improving the world through their actions, ideas and dedication.
What Makes NOVA School Unique?
A broad cross-discipline honors education exposing students to more critical subjects than other middle schools.
- NOVA students find challenge and enjoyment in a full curriculum catered to advanced learners, including math, science, language arts, history and geography, foreign language, visual arts, music, athletics and electives often not available to students participating in other middle school programs for advanced learners.
- Whereas most middle schools no longer even offer foreign languages, visual arts, comprehensive music and inclusive athletics,
- NOVA students learn math, science, language arts, history, geography, foreign language, technology, and many other subjects in ways that not only enable success on standardized tests, but more importantly, create understanding of how principles, equations, data, research, and advanced concepts are applied to find solutions across disciplines.
- Beyond achieving high scores on AP, SAT and other tests, NOVA students develop the skills, confidence, responsibility and ethics to position themselves for success wherever they go and whatever they choose to lead, innovate or solve throughout their lives.
- A comprehensive Social & Emotional Health program integrates classes and activities to champion compassion, understanding, collaboration and essential life skills to position students for confidence, happiness and success now and in the future with school, work and life.
- Students at NOVA want to be here and are excited to learn, because in this middle school it is cool to be smart, creative, inclusive and to try new subjects and activities.
- This means NOVA`s stellar faculty and its network of the region`s prominent professionals can explore deeper discussions and more complex subject matter.
- Since NOVA`s budget and mission aren`t tied to local, state or political whims, the curriculum is always evolving to stay relevant to students, the times and the necessity to successfully matriculate into any public or private high school environment.
Profile last updated: 06/10/2016