- Education should find the best in a child.
- Whatever their strengths -- artistic talent, scientific prowess, leadership skills -- students need the right balance of guidance and freedom to nurture these abilities.
- At NSU University School, our students find the teachers to inspire them.
- They find the room to explore possibilities open to them.
- They find the independence and confidence to achieve.
- And, above all, they find what is best in them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild-Moderate|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo Uniform Shirt and black, khaki, or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,900|
|Tuition Notes||Cost ranges between 18,200 and 23,600. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.|
|Admissions Director||Lynne Fazzio|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Best Buddies, Book Club, DFYIT, Drama Club, Education on Organ Donation, Forensics Team, Future Business Leaders of America, Government, Gray Is the Way, Habitat for Humanity, Kids Interested in Stopping Stereotyping, Law Club, Love Jen, Medical Professions, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Ambassadors, Physics Club, Pink For Life, SWAT - Students Working to Advance Technology, Soccer Club, Spanish National Honor Society, Sprinkle of Sunshine, Stock Market Club, Thread of Hope, Tutoring Club, Yearbook Art Club, Best Buddies, Book Club, DFYIT, Drama Club, Forensics Team, Government, Law Club, Love Jen, Newspaper, Physics Club, Pink For Life, Soccer Club, Thread of Hope, Tutoring Club, Yearbook, Education on Organ Donation,
Future Business Leaders of America,
Gray Is the Way,
Habitat for Humanity,
Kids Interested in Stopping Stereotyping,
National Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
SWAT - Students Working to Advance Technology,
Spanish National Honor Society,
Sprinkle of Sunshine,
Stock Market Club,
- On a vibrant, expansive campus that currently houses nearly 2,000 students in junior kindergarten through grade 12, NSU University School students enjoy a challenging academic curriculum with a wide range of choices, strong fine and performing arts options, and a robust athletic program. NSU University School helps develop global leaders who acquire the knowledge, skills, and habits that are required for them to be successful. This year, the Robotics Team won the highest award at their recent tournament and ranks number 1 in the state of Florida, the speech and debate team ranks in the top 1 percent in the nation (third year in a row), and our chess teams scored among the top five in their grade-defined sections and qualified for the chess championship (third year in a row)! NSU University School’s Early Childhood Program (starting at age 4) provides students with a warm, inviting, and safe school environment where state-of-the-art teaching takes center stage. Starting as early as junior kindergarten, NSU University School sets a foundation for success and a love for learning in a child-centered setting. Our innovative classroom design facilitates collaboration, cooperation, active learning, and personalized instruction, taught by educators who are passionate about teaching and have a wealth of experience with young learners. While there are many resources available to students who attend NSU University School, its location on the campus of Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a unique advantage. NSU University School’s collaboration with NSU—the ninth largest, not-for-profit, private university in the nation—offers our students a host of opportunities. As part of NSU, NSU University School affords students unprecedented access to college-level resources, which gives students an advantage as they prepare for post-secondary school life. NSU University School has a number of innovative academic programs where collaboration with NSU has led to new levels of research and scholarly achievement. Many University School students are Science Research Program participants, Robotics Team members, Independent Research Study participants, Math Fellows, and Writing Fellows. Through these affiliations, they have the opportunity to work alongside and share a campus with world-class NSU scientists, researchers, and distinguished professors, who visit NSU University School classrooms and mentor students. NSU University School has the right formula and the right environment to promote all students’ abilities to learn, grow, and succeed academically, socially, and personally. Students go on to attend many of the nation’s most prestigious universities and, more importantly, most of them are admitted to their college of first choice.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-12 | 140 students
4850 S Pine Island Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 2436 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Fort LauderdaleGrades: NS-12 | 994 students
5601 N Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 174 students
3275 West Oakland Park Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Our 7th grade daughter is a "lifer" at University School, having been in attendance since Pre-K. We could not be more happy with the academic excellence that exists at the school as well as the amazing added benefits of being affiliated with top-notch Nova Southeastern University. Nowhere else can you find the college campus feel that applies to education at this college preparatory PK-12 institution. Unique, added benefits include access to NSU's wonderful facilities, staff and faculty relationships. The phenomenal University School Arts and Athletics programs are the "icing on the cake." Excellence above and beyond in a college preparatory setting - that is University School of Nova Southeastern University.
- Posted by Parent - terid
I have a child at University School that just started 1st grade! This is her 3rd year. She started in PK. I relocated to South Florida from the Northeast and I am grateful every day that University School became our home away from home. Most importantly, she is extremely happy! I continue to be impressed with the high standards of the academic curriculum. The administration works diligently to keep the methods of teaching and the facilities extremely updated in a modern, technology driven world. The families at the school are a wonderfully warm and diverse group of people. I know that both my daughter and myself have made friendships that will last a lifetime. I know my daughter will continue to take advantage of all that University School has to offer.
- Posted by Parent - scott
As a parent and an educator, I could not be more pleased with the education that my children are receiving at University School. My sons are having the most fabulous high school experience as a result of instructors that really know how to captivate the minds of young adults and prepare them for their college. The school's incredible sports and arts programs offer students a multitude of choices for involvement. Students are also encouraged to join different service clubs that help support the community. We are most definitely very happy to be a part of the USchool family.
- Posted by Parent - thepe
Our 6th grade daughter has been at USchool since Kindergarten (lifer). We are so happy with all of the academic, extra curricular and additional options that USchool has to offer. Not only does she enjoy school and learning but she has enjoyed participating in the theater program, orchestra (playing violin), dance class, and so much more. USchool really has a lot to offer students who are interested in enjoying a well rounded school experience. We are so happy about our choice in attending USchool!
- Posted by Parent - pk031
My kids have been at uschool since kindergarten. We are loving the new lower school director. He is warm, welcoming and has a solid grasp on academic excellence. Our fifth grader comes home and talks about how nice he is to all the kids and that he eats lunch with them everyday. Our middle school daughter is in seventh grade and we are very happy with her teachers and experience in general. She is challenged academically and has surrounded herself with a great group of kids. All in all, thumbs up!
- Posted by Parent - Sfish
I have two children at University School, one in middle school (currently in 6th grade - started in K) and one in the lower school (currently in 3rd grade started in PK). I have been extremely pleased with the caliber of the academic curriculum combined with the opportunities offered in both arts and athletics. They are constantly updating and renovating the facilities to improve students experience on campus. They focus on educating children to become caring, creative individuals who will find the best in themselves.
- Posted by Parent - ssilv
Our family loves this school! We feel that our child has excelled academically and socially since they started in 1st grade. We look forward to the college counseling process as we enter high school.
- Posted by Parent - stace