Grades: K-8 | 113 students
- Olney Adventist Preparatory School is a Kindergarten through 8th grade Christian school located in Olney, Maryland.
- Our philosophy is built on the belief that God has created each student with unique abilities and gifts, and through His grace and strength all children can achieve.
- It is our purpose to help children discover God's will for their life, to develop and improve their abilities, and to awaken the spirit of service by following Christ's example.
- It is our vision to holistically educate our children in mind, body, and spirit.
- Our rigorous academic program is Christ-centered and biblically-based.
- An enriched curriculum relevant to life skills, complimented by small class sizes and individualized instruction, is the teaching standard to which we hold ourselves accountable.
- Subjects are taught in a unique and intellectually challenging way that prepares and encourages our students to learn, think, speak, and act with confidence and skill.
- It is our priority to assist students in developing a personal relationship with Christ and values grounded in Scripture.
- Dignity, grace, respect, integrity, service, responsible citizenship, personal discipline and leadership are developed through instruction and modeled in the behavior of the school community.
- Students are challenged to excellence and their full personal capacity.
- Our school motto, "Above and Beyond," is used to address students, staff, and families that have exceeded our expectations in application, extension, and creativity in any task or action.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GermantownGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
15601 Germantown Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
BoydsGrades: NS-PK | 140 students
19821 White Ground Rd./p.o. Bo
Boyds, MD 20841
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 1010 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
IjamsvilleGrades: K-12 | 88 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
OlneyGrades: K-12 | 258 students
16227 Batchellors Forest Road
Olney, MD 20832
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.