Grades: PK-12 | 481 students
Open Door Christian Schools (ODCS) are co-educational preschool through grade twelve, college preparatory schools serving Christian families.
Governed by a Board of Directors, ODCS is a non-profit, non-denominational institution which was founded in 1976.
Our aim is to function as an extension of the home, and to nurture each student in his/her development as a whole person: spiritually, mentally, physically and socially-providing the opportunity to educate for eternity. In partnership with the family and the local church, our mission is the salvation, the discipleship, and the education for life and service of the students entrusted to our care.
ODCS is the largest Christian school from Cleveland to Toledo and is 1 of only 4 schools in Ohio to be chartered by the State of Ohio, an accredited member of ASCI and AdvancED.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||speech language|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(casual campus wear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school as tuition varies per grade and discounts may apply.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Bronwyn Tucker|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th Grade Trip, Art Fairs, Choir and Chorus, Concert Band, Educational International Travel, Elementary Bands, Elementary-High Schools plays and musicals, Great Debate, Handbells, Honors Courses, Junior Statesman Club, Key Club, Marching Band, Math Olympics, National Honor Society, Ohio Mock Trial, Patriot Service Club, Physics Project Contests, School Newspaper, Science Fairs, Senior Class Trip, Spanish Club, Speech Meets, Talent Show, Top Ten of the Class Banquet, Yearbook, Young Authors, elementary sports 8th Grade Trip, Art Fairs, Concert Band, Great Debate, Handbells, Honors Courses, Key Club, Marching Band, Math Olympics, Science Fairs, Spanish Club, Speech Meets, Talent Show, Yearbook, Young Authors, Choir and Chorus,
Educational International Travel,
Elementary-High Schools plays and musicals,
Junior Statesman Club,
National Honor Society,
Ohio Mock Trial,
Patriot Service Club,
Physics Project Contests,
Senior Class Trip,
Top Ten of the Class Banquet,
- Please visit our school profile at www.odcs.org under the admissions tab for detailed information on academics, sports, the arts and more. Open Door Christian Schools: Challenge the Mind, Strenghten the Body, Guide the Soul.
- ODCS is the largest Christian school from Toledo to Cleveland with an enrollment of near 500.
- 95% of graduates went on to higher education and on average each graduate earned $65,000 in scholarships.
- Over 3,500 community service hours are performed yearly by high school students including missions trips.
- ODCS offers 10 Advanced Placement (AP) classes on campus and 10 different AP courses online.
- 23% of ODCS families receive need-based financial assistance for tuition.
- ODCS Patriot Theatre performs a yearly spring musical at Lorain County Community College Stocker Center and is the only high school using this venue.
- In addition to the popular Accelerated Reader program, ODCS also has Accelerated Math using the iPad2 platform.
- Gymnasium was renovated with a new floor, bleachers, and weight room.
- 95% of High School students are involved in extra-curricular activities.
- 45% of students grades 8-12 participate in band and/or choir.
Profile last updated: 05/03/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LorainGrades: K-8 | 409 students
3601 Oberlin Ave
Lorain, OH 44053
BurlingtonGrades: PK-12 | 697 students
621 6th Street
Burlington, NC 27215
LimaGrades: 9-12 | 380 students
720 S Cable Road
Lima, OH 45805
ElkhornGrades: 9-12 | 245 students
22520 Mount Michael Rd
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Battle GroundGrades: PK-12 | 443 students
1919 SW 25th Avenue
Battle Ground, WA 98604