Grades: K-8 | 319 students
- Welcome to Open Window School, the Eastside's only independent school dedicated to meeting the needs of gifted children.
- OWS offers deep understanding and care for exceptionally bright, creative students.
- Our school provides a stimulating, challenging yet nurturing environment for children in Kindergarten through 8th Grade on our beautiful Cougar Mountain campus.
- In 2007 we launched our Middle school program to complement our highly respected elementary program.
- OWS provides a comprehensive Kindergarten through 8th Grade experience for gifted learners.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,080|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Calley Hart|
|Admissions Associate||Eugenie Lemerle|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpine Club, Cascade League Sports, Chess Club, First Lego League, Martial Arts, Math Counts Alpine Club, Chess Club, Martial Arts, Math Counts, Cascade League Sports,
First Lego League,
- Parent Tours of the school are offered weekly October through January. Please call for a reservation on a school tour (425-747-2911). You're also invited to join us during our Open House on Saturday, November 12, 2016 1-3PM. Please visit our web site for more details.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevueGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
2701 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
Bellevue, WA 98008
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 643 students
14600 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
BellevueGrades: PK-5 | 204 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
RedmondGrades: 5-12 | 527 students
20301 NE 108th Street
Redmond, WA 98053
BellevueGrades: K-5 | 246 students
13633 SE 26th St
Bellevue, WA 98005
Our son has gone to Open Window from K - 8. Our experience, inclusive of his feedback, has been excellent. The mission of "children first, gifted second" has helped our son to become a great human being in addition to ultra-high standardized scores including the SSAT and ISEE tests. We would make the decision to send him here again without reservation. If you are a parent who demands "gifted first, children second" or a "tiger mom" type of parenting that is only focused on brutal rigor, home schooling may be a better option.
- Posted by Parent - tim
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.