Grades: PK-8 | 843 students
- Our Lady of Calvary School is a Catholic, parochial, co-educational institution established in 1959 and sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth.
- Our mission is to impart an education which has as its goal the Christian development of each student in body, mind, and spirit in an atmosphere of respect and understanding.
- We commit ourselves to foster in each child intellectual curiosity and eagerness toward independent life-long learning.
- We endeavor to guide our students to attain the fullness of their personalities in relation to God, themselves, and others in the sacred and secular spheres of their lives.
- The curriculum at Our Lady of Calvary integrates religious truths and values with the enrichment of each student's education through varied offerings to develop the whole child.
- The basic goal of our curriculum is to improve the learning situation so that our students may grow, learn, and develop to their capacity spiritually, mentally, and socially.
- Programs in our school are based on guidelines set up by the Archdiocesan Office.
- Teachers follow these guidelines and correlate materials appropriate to the recommended courses of study.
- The school admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, to all the services and activities of the school, without discrimination, and operates with the goals of self-worth, Christian values, potential, self living by the gospel, and community and service.
- OLC School is accredited by the Middle States Association's Assembly of Elementary Schools, and its pupils score consistently above the national norms.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support|
|Total Students||843 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy blue skort/pants & powder blue golf shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,800|
|Tuition Notes||2800, for one student,2900 for two & 3000 for three or more (In-parish)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Sister Mildred|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 360 students
6445 Bingham St
Philadelphia, PA 19111
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-3 | 24 students
518 E Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-4 | 40 students
3529 Haverford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 57 students
5447 Chester Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19143
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.