Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
- Our Lady of Grace School is a Roman Catholic Community of faithfully committed followers of Christ who are living witnesses to teaching as Jesus did, giving service here in Gravesend, Brooklyn.
- Our principal objective is to educate the students to meet the intellectual, spiritual, social, physical and cultural challenges of living in the global community as exemplary Christians.
- The importance of self discipline, responsibility and the use of good judgment encompasses our belief that intellectual development results by giving students experience in higher-order and critical thinking skills.
- We assist the students in their development, both academically and individually, in a complex society.
- Fairness, cooperation, unity and innovation help to facilitate a strong spirit amongst the students.
- This concept guides the faculty in their mission to explore and implement new ideas in a diverse society.
- The students, along with their parents, develop a sense of belonging to an extended family.
- Students are encouraged to speak with the teachers to develop a relationship built on trust and understanding.
- We acknowledge that Our Lady of Grace School cannot be successful without first understanding the importance of each individual.
- We are all God's children working together harmoniously for the benefit of our school, our broader community and ultimately for all humanity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is prorated based on number of children in family.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Joan McMaster|
|Admissions Associate||Roseann Silvery|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, DanceBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AfterSchool Sports Program, Band, Student Council, Talent Club Band, Talent Club, AfterSchool Sports Program,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 177 students
133 27th Avenue 157
Brooklyn, NY 11214
BrooklynGrades: KG | 12 students
1990 Stillwell Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11223
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
3867 Shore Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11235
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1518 73rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 380 students
1313 83rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.