Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers Preschool through 8th grade, providing outstanding academiceducation as well as offering a strong faith foundation.
- OLP prepares our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders and contributors in their life's journey in the modern world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $4,200 for grades K-4. Tuition is $4,370 for grades 5-8. There is a tuition discount based on the number of children per family enrolled.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Jan Heuman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Drama Club: Fall and Spring Plays Band, Drama Club: Fall and Spring Plays,
- WELCOME! Thank you for visiting Our Lady of Peace Catholic School.
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers a strong academic and faith-filled education for preschool through eighth grade. We are located in the Lake Nokomis neighborhood of South Minneapolis. We are an accredited school with highly experienced staff, small class sizes, and a commitment to the safety and learning of every child.
- Belief Statements:
- • We are committed to student academic excellence, to providing a foundation for life-long learning and to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders of the future.
- We are committed to providing our students with a faith foundation which embraces the mission of Jesus to love and serve others.
- • We provide a community based on a spirit of hospitality and fellowship, as witnessed by our “PeaceBuilders Program” throughout the school.
- We encourage you to come for a visit. Please contact the school office, or Principal Jan Heuman, to set up a meeting and tour. We look forward to your visit!
Profile last updated: 05/06/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 439 students
525 W 54th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55419
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1367 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
5925 W Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55416
MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.