Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
- Mission Grammar School is a small, urban Catholic elementary school established in 1889 in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- It serves students from diverse religious, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Our goal is for the students to profit from a traditional curriculum of basic skills with emphasis on language arts and mathematics.
- Our most valuable resource is a staff that strives to work in close collaboration and with mutual respect, enabling them to meet the educational needs of the students in a school with limited resources.
- We strive to enable each student to reach his or her full potential in a faith-based community rooted in gospel values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Dorchester CenterGrades: K-9 | 255 students
2214 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
DorchesterGrades: 4-8 | 77 students
515 Blue Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02121
BostonGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
Chestnut HillGrades: NS-6 | 327 students
20 Manet Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
131 Mount Pleasant Ave
Roxbury, MA 02119
Mission Grammar has provided my daughter an education setting that not only offers exceptional academics with advanced technology integrations but also an environment that fosters faith, community service, and deep caring for others. Because Mission Grammar offers an extremely valuable and cost effective education, I am confident my child will grow to be a more confident and well rounded individual.
- Posted by Parent - jilli
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.