Grades: PK-8 | 213 students
Each student entrusted to our care receives personalized attention to nurture their God-given gifts and talents.
We are ready and invested for the spectrum of technology that is crucial for this upcoming generation. White board technology is located in all classrooms K-8.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help School is a Roman Catholic school of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, where excellence is expected and achieved and our Faith is taught and lived.
Students are challenged by a strong academic curriculum rich in Christian values.
The promotes a positive learning environment with an emphasis on mastery of basic skills to assure competence in the fundamentals of each academic discipline, while recognizing the challenges its students will face in their future.
The school seeks for each child the actualization of his or her potential through Catholic education, grounded in a broader parish and school community marked by respect and reverence.
The school considers its mission to have been successfully fulfilled when it provides the environment for each child to grow and mature as a child of God, with loving recognition of the unique intellectual and personal gifts each child possesses.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Dyslexia/ Language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|Tuition Notes||Discount offered for more than one child.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Victor Pellechia|
|Admissions Associate||Jodi Phelan|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, Drama Club, Kidzart, Lego Club, Mathcounts, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club, Roots and Shoots, Student Council, Young Writers Club Band, Chess Club, Drama Club, Kidzart, Lego Club, Mathcounts, Robotics Club, National Junior Honor Society,
Roots and Shoots,
Young Writers Club,
- OLPH School is a single-track Pre-K4 through grade 8 co-ed Catholic Elementary School of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, and is accredited by AdvancEd. We seek to educate the heart, mind, and soul of each child entrusted to our care. Dedicated teachers, academic excellence, spiritual formation, small class size and a strong sense of community are defining factors of OLPH School.Our mission is to develop faith-filled, confident students with strong character who will succeed in the world and make it a better, more loving place.
- Our goal is to provide a strong faith-based environment where Jesus is present in all aspects of school life. We seek to nurture and fully develop the God-given potential of each child by delivering a rigorous academic program, [Type a quote from the document or the summary of an interesting point. You can position the text box anywhere in the document. Use the Text Box Tools tab to change the formatting of the pull quote text box.] recognizing each child's unique needs, forming virtue, and cultivating a love of learning. We endeavor to create a supportive and hospitable culture where families and staff collaborate to build a strong community.
- The school is staffed by devout lay administrators and educators. The average tenure of our 30 faculty and staff is ten years. Our staff includes an Academic Dean, Reading Specialist, Guidance Counselor, Librarian, and Director of Technology. Students with learning differences can enroll in our Marian Program for academic support. Our $6,700 tuition places us in the mid-price range among area Catholic schools. Financial aid is available for qualified parish families, and we offer a multi-student discount.
- An integral part of faith formation is developing a heart for serving others. OLPH students embrace outreach opportunities that benefit our brethren that are homeless, sick, hungry or underprivileged. They learn to see the needs of others and strive to be generous with their gifts.
- OLPH School fosters strong Christian role models through our “Buddy Program”. Upper grade students are paired with our youngest ones for fun one-on-one activities throughout the year. Through this fellowship, older students nurture the development of faith and virtue in our young students, while growing in their own personal formation.
- Advancements in educational technology are integrated into the curriculum in ways that enhance learning. Every classroom has an interactive projector, and students learn to use various platforms of technology including Windows, iOS, and Google Classroom. Students become proficient in productivity applications and software, making them well prepared for high school. In the fall of 2015 we will deploy a 1:1 device program using Chromebooks. This program will further enhance student engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- OLPH School emphasizes STEM and offers unique extracurricular opportunities to explore these interests such as a Robotics Club, It’s Academic, and MATHCOUNTS. Students also have the opportunity to be involved in numerous clubs and activities such as choir, band, drama, talent show, running club, Student Council, writing club, and basketball.
- Greater than 95% of OLPH graduates are accepted into their first choice high school; many receive scholarships and the majority place in Honors/AP classes. Our 2015 graduating class included two Knott Scholarship recipients, one Carson Scholar, and a Marlatt Scholarship winner.
- Our student population reflects the beautiful diversity of our region; 68% of our students are white, 8% Hispanic, 9% Black / African American, 10% Asian/Pacific Islander, and 5% Multi-Racial. Our community is enriched by cultural diversity and welcomes families of all backgrounds. We offer numerous opportunities throughout the school year to foster friendships and community fellowship. Some of our most popular events include Fall Festival, Breakfast with Santa, Priase and Worship, VIP Day, Living Stations, and our Christmas Pageant.
- We offer full and half-day Pre-K, before and after-care, hot lunch, and free bus service (limited).
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 477 students
3155 Paulskirk Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
Ellicott CityGrades: NS-12 | 752 students
12793 Folly Quarter Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
ClarksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
12500 Clarksville Pike
Clarksville, MD 21029