Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
Each student entrusted to our care receives personalized attention to nurture their God-given gifts and talents.
We are ready and invested for the spectrum of technology that is crucial for this upcoming generation. White board technology is located in all classrooms K-8.
Students work on multiple platforms including iOS, Google devices, and Window to become proficient in productivity applications and software preparing them for H.S. and beyond. We are proud of our Chromebook program providing laptops for every student in grades 4 through 8.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School is a Roman Catholic school of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- OLPH School was named a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2016. Our standardized test scores are in the top 15% nationwide.
- Students benefit from a strong academic curriculum and personalized attention in a Christ-centered environment.
- We integrate instructional technology in ways that enhance learning. Each kindergarten through eighth grade classroom is equipped with an interactive projector. Students in grades 3 through 8 have their own Chromebook and have access to digital textbooks.
- Our dedicated teachers provide a positive learning environment with an emphasis on mastery of basic skills to assure competence in the fundamentals of each academic discipline.
- Teachers nurture the God- given gifts and talents of each child and reinforce Christian values and virtures.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Dyslexia/ Language-based learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|Tuition Notes||Discount offered for more than one child.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Victor Pellechia|
|Admissions Associate||Jodi Phelan|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, Cross Country Track, Drama Club, Kidzart, Lego Club, Mathcounts, National Junior Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club, Roots and Shoots, Student Council, Writing Club, Young Writers Club Band, Chess Club, Drama Club, Kidzart, Lego Club, Mathcounts, Robotics Club, Writing Club, Cross Country Track,
National Junior Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
Roots and Shoots,
Young Writers Club,
- OLPH School is a single-track Pre-K4 through grade 8 co-ed Catholic Elementary School of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, and is accredited by AdvancEd. We seek to educate the heart, mind, and soul of each child entrusted to our care. Dedicated teachers, academic excellence, spiritual formation, small class size and a strong sense of community are defining factors of OLPH School.Our mission is to develop faith-filled, confident students with strong character who will succeed in the world and make it a better, more loving place.
- Our goal is to provide a strong faith-based environment where Jesus is present in all aspects of school life. We seek to nurture and fully develop the God-given potential of each child by delivering a rigorous academic program, recognizing each child's unique needs, forming virtue, and cultivating a love of learning. We endeavor to create a supportive and hospitable culture where families and staff collaborate to build a strong community.
- The school is staffed by devout lay administrators and educators. The average tenure of our 30 faculty and staff is ten years. Our staff includes an Academic Dean, Reading Specialist, Guidance Counselor, Librarian, and Director of Technology. Students with learning differences can enroll in our Marian Program for academic support. Our $6,950 tuition places us in the mid-price range among area Catholic schools. Financial aid is available for qualified parish families, and we offer a multi-student discount.
- An integral part of faith formation is developing a heart for serving others. OLPH students embrace outreach opportunities that benefit our brethren that are homeless, sick, hungry or underprivileged. They learn to see the needs of others and strive to be generous with their gifts.
- OLPH School fosters strong Christian role models through our "Buddy Program". Upper grade students are paired with our youngest ones for fun one-on-one activities throughout the year. Through this fellowship, older students nurture the development of faith and virtue in our young students, while growing in their own personal formation.
- Advancements in educational technology are integrated into the curriculum in ways that enhance learning. Every classroom has an interactive projector, and students learn to use various platforms of technology including Windows, iOS, and Google Classroom. Students become proficient in productivity applications and software, making them well prepared for high school. In the fall of 2015 we will deploy a 1:1 device program using Chromebooks. This program will further enhance student engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- OLPH School emphasizes STEM and offers unique extracurricular opportunities to explore these interests such as a Robotics Club, It`s Academic, and MATHCOUNTS. Students also have the opportunity to be involved in numerous clubs and activities such as choir, band, drama, talent show, running club, Student Council, writing club, and basketball.
- Greater than 95% of OLPH graduates are accepted into their first choice high school; many receive scholarships and the majority place in Honors/AP classes. Our 2015 graduating class included two Knott Scholarship recipients, one Carson Scholar, and a Marlatt Scholarship winner.
- Our student population reflects the beautiful diversity of our region; 68% of our students are white, 8% Hispanic, 9% Black / African American, 10% Asian/Pacific Islander, and 5% Multi-Racial. Our community is enriched by cultural diversity and welcomes families of all backgrounds. We offer numerous opportunities throughout the school year to foster friendships and community fellowship. Some of our most popular events include Fall Festival, Breakfast with Santa, Priase and Worship, VIP Day, Living Stations, and our Christmas Pageant.
- We offer 2-day, 3-day, and 5-day Pre-K, before and after-care, hot lunch, and free bus service (limited).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 415 students
3155 Paulskirk Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
Ellicott CityGrades: NS-12 | 752 students
12793 Folly Quarter Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
CooksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
2000 Woodmont Lane
Cooksville, MD 21723
"Our son is the second of our 4 children to attend OLPH and has transitioned seamlessly into the kindergarten class. We chose OLPH for their integration of religious education with academic excellence and forward thinking with regards to technology and learning."
- Posted by Parent - KMF
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.