Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
Our Lady Of Refuge School has been providing excellent instruction since 1923 by dedicated teachers in all subjects with heavy emphasis on Mathematics and Reading.
We have recently added Art, Music, and Computer programs.
Enrollment for 2016-17 is underway.
A limited number of spaces are still available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||29 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform avaailable from FlynnOhara)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,993|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over 10 months. (August-May)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Robert W. Billings|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Yolanda Mercado|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Cheerleaders, Chess club, ITV Band, Cheerleaders, Chess club, ITV,|
- Art, Music, Computer and Gym classes are offered once a week..
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:15a. There is no charge.
- An After School Program with a snack is available each day from3:00pm to 6:00pm at a cost of $8.00 daily. Parents may use this on a daily basis or when needed..
- Other after-school offerings include band, chess, cheerleaders, dance and tutoring.
- All students wear the school uniform
- A CSW on the school staff visits once a week and meets with parents and students referred to her by the principal..
- The school has teachers from the Title 1 Program to helpstudents with their Math and Reading. A Guidance Counselor is alsopart of this program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 243 students
2512 Marion Ave
Bronx, NY 10458
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 297 students
2865 Claflin Ave
Bronx, NY 10468
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 269 students
1734 Williamsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10461
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 790 students
2380 E Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
BronxGrades: K-9 | 286 students
1160 Beach Ave
Bronx, NY 10472