Grades: PK-8 | 314 students
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School bears witness to the Gospel Message of Jesus.
- As educators, and Ministers of the Good News, we believe that our vocation is to follow the directive to Teach As Jesus Did and nurture our students’ God-given talents in an atmosphere of hope, love and trust.
- As professionals from different backgrounds and experiences, we rely on one another for support and join in creating this family-like environment, to which parents, administrator, clergy and staff all contribute.
- Educational policies follow the guidelines set by the Superintendent of Schools of the Archdiocese of New York, as outlined in the Administrative Manual, and are influenced by state and national goals.
- Local school policies are developed and implemented by the Pastor, administrator and faculty and are illustrated in the Parents’ and Teachers’ Manuals, which are updated and published annually.
- We believe that our curriculum reflects the spiral structure of wisdom and skills, from the essential to the advanced and from the concrete to the abstract, and integrates all subjects and learning experiences.
- Christian values are maintained as academic excellence is achieved.
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School recognizes parents as our partners in instruction.
- They are expected to honor and support our philosophy and to reinforce it in the home.
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School offers a program of instruction that stresses intellectual, social, personal, and physical development from grade to grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.