Grades: PK-8 | 277 students
The mission of Our Lady's School is to cultivate the foundations of learning through community and family interactions in the Catholic faith.
We respect and appreciate the diversity of all learners and challenge them to reach their full potential.
An education at Our Lady's School prepares students to be responsible and productive citizens while leading a life of Christian service.
Our philosophy is grounded in a fundamental belief in the inherent worth and value of our Catholic faith, which acts as the foundation and cornerstone of our school and the education of our young boys and girls.
We provide a learning environment that is inspired by God’s word and traditional Catholic values, for it is in these teachings that our students find the keys to achievement in their communication skills, computational capabilities, and proficiency in objective thinking.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the development of the whole child, emotionally, socially, cognitively, physically and spiritually. At Our Lady’s Academy, education is geared to the specific learning needs of each student and tailored to his or her learning style. To develop the whole child, our curriculum includes Language Arts, Mathematics (including Algebra), Science(including laboratory work), Social Studies (including History and Geography), Computer Science, Religion, Spanish (PreK to 8), Art, Music, Physical Education, and Independent Study (gr. 8).
- We utilize a state-of-the-art Guided Reading Program that encourages students to read to their ability by providing materials based on each student’s instructional reading level. We also use an assessment program that provides classroom teachers with information three times per year in reading, writing, and math to ensure that all students are receiving targeted instruction.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to provide the necessary environment for all of our students to thrive and develop to their potential, both academically and socially. To support our curriculum, we provide a modern, safe, and nurturing atmosphere.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WalthamGrades: K-8 | 222 students
175 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02453
NewtonGrades: K-6 | 259 students
200 Jackson Road
Newton, MA 02458
WalthamGrades: PK-6 | 92 students
1841 Trapelo Road
Waltham, MA 02451
WoburnGrades: PK-8 | 182 students
8 Myrtle St
Woburn, MA 01801
ArlingtonGrades: NS-6 | 132 students
9 Westminster Ave
Arlington, MA 02474
Great attention to detail and needs of each individual student and parents. Technology, after school programs etc. Our PK daughter has had major and more structured improvement.
- Posted by Parent, 07/24/15