Grades: PK-8 | 416 students
Students in kindergarten through eighth grade learn to speak, read and write Mandarin and learn about Chinese culture.
- Our Lady's Christian School is located in suburban Millcreek Township, less than a half-mile from the entrance to Presque Isle State Park.
- OLC provides an excellent Catholic education in a learning environment with high moral and academic standards, outstanding teaching, and a supportive, caring community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(K-8 Pants, shorts, jumpers or skirts with polo shirt or blouse)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,650|
|Tuition Notes||Significant discounts for multiple children from the same family. Generous tuition aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
- Daily prayer and religion classes; school and class liturgies, spiritual retreats, sacrament preparation and character education.
- School liturgies in which students fully participate by planning, providing music, lectoring and altar serving.
- Older students perform community service and serve as "guardian angels" to second and third graders preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- High academic standards and inclusion of weekly music, art, technology, library and gym classes
- Mandarin Chinese in kindergarten through eighth grade
- LOGIC (Orton-Gillingham) and leveled reading , math enrichment, Science Fair and numerous academic competions
- Theme-based learning integrated across the curriculum
- 100% certified faculty with an average of 18 years teaching experience
- Full-time teachers in music, art, technology, Mandarin, and gym
- Specialists in reading, math, speech and language
- Ongoing professional development to ensure excellence in teaching
- Virtual server (2009) that enables students to access the school computer from home.
- Technology lab with 30 new computers, printers and scanners. Fiber optic broadband which allows faster, reliable access to all the internet has to offer.
- Classroom computers for individual and small group use.
- "Creating a Safe School" (CASS), an initiative of The Ophelia Project, enlists the entire school community'students, teachers, parents, coaches and others'to reduce social aggression. CASS reinforces Christian principles of treating others with dignity and respect.
- Many opportunities for parents to become meaningfully involved in school activities.
- Shared values, activities and volunteer work give OLC families a strong sense of community. They create a welcoming environment where parents, students, and supporters become friends.
- 17 different extra-curricular clubs and activities ranging from Student Council to scouts, and book club to outdoors club.
- Ten different sports, with five available to children in kindergarten to second grade.
- Leadership, service and mentoring opportunities for middle school students.
Profile last updated: 05/12/2016
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.