Grades: PK | 81 students
- Our mission at PACE is to enhance the lives of people impacted by autism, through innovation, exceptional education and compassionate care.
- PACE provides for the educational & residential needs of individuals with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Specialists in speech and language development, occupational therapy, behavior management and special education instruction work as a team to serve the diverse needs of our clients.
- Research has shown that people with learning disabilities who are enrolled in effective programs at an early age are better equipped to achieve academic, social and workplace success, allowing them to reach their full potential and to lead rewarding lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Communication Disorders|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||All enrollment is conducted through a referral from a local school district.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Kennan|
The Pacific Autism Center for Education (PACE) provides high quality programs for individuals with autism living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our programs include:
- The PACE School - serves students ages 6-22 who live with moderate to severe autism, with specific emphasis on non-verbal students and those with especially challenging behaviors and communication disorders.
- Children`s Services - serves 50+ preschoolers and early elementary aged children a year, via our Faces program in Redwood City, and Sunny Days Preschool in San Jose. This program offers home-based and center-based therapy, and parent training.
- Residential Group Homes - PACE operates two children and four adult group homes, each licensed to serve residents from 6 to 59+ years of age. Each group home houses six individuals and is managed by an administrator who is assisted by a team of trained residential staff members, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.