Grades: PK-K | 176 students
- Pacific Oaks, located on campuses in Pasadena and Oakland, California, as well as online, is a unique educational institution offering upper division and graduate-level college programs in human development, counseling and teaching credentials.
- The Children's School, serving infants through kindergarten age children and their parents, is located in Pasadena.
- Pacific Oaks is an independent institution of learning influenced by its Quaker heritage and dedicated to principles of social justice, respect for diversity, and the valuing of the uniqueness of each person.
- Its primary focus is placed upon all needs of young children and their families, and all those who, in a direct or indirect manner, touch their lives each day.
- Education at Pacific Oaks includes academic, research, clinical, and community outreach components to develop an understanding of those settings within which a child acts and which, in turn, affect a child's development.
- Pacific Oaks promotes educational practices within the institution, profession and public schools that encourage learners to find their own voices, to take stands in the face of opposition, and to exercise competence in collaboration with others.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-K|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PasadenaGrades: K | 64 students
355 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105
PasadenaGrades: PK-8 | 264 students
444 S Sierra Madre Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
West HollywoodGrades: NS-PK | 30 students
1105 North Laurel Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Los AngelesGrades: PK-KG | 132 students
653 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Los AngelesGrades: PK-K | 20 students
5262 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.