- Parker Academy is a unique educational opportunity for families.
- Designed by David Parker, the Academy is a comprehensive program that addresses the needs of students and families by providing individualized programs and family-centered activities.
- Students attend Parker Academy for a variety of reasons.
- Some students are seeking small classes, quality instruction and academic support.
- Others wish to focus on the arts and long for more opportunities to explore these areas.
- Some of our brightest and most innovative students were unsuccessful in traditional school environments.
- They may have been frustrated by traditional school formats and may have acted out or disengaged.
- Students with learning differences, artistic desires or emotional needs often find themselves lacking for attention in schools and longing for an environment that not only adjusts to them, but offers them appropriate challenges.
- At Parker Academy every student has an individualized educational plan.
- Unlike traditional IEPs that structure goals and objectives around just academic and emotional needs, Parker Academy includes physical fitness, community service, family, values, artistic, musical, social and recreational needs.
- Parents are encouraged, and at times required to take an active role in their son or daughter's program design and implementation.
- Success is recognized, but so is risk taking.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, other Language Based Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||47 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||David S. Parker|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ContoocookGrades: 6-12 | 14 students
40 Park Ln
Contoocook, NH 03229
PembrokeGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
389 Pembroke St
Pembroke, NH 03275
CanterburyGrades: 1-8 | 12 students
106 Kimball Pond Rd
Canterbury, NH 03224
ManchesterGrades: 6-12 | 80 students
1 Mammoth Rd
Manchester, NH 03109
ExeterGrades: 2-12 | 55 students
87 State Route 27
Exeter, NH 03833